Attention:

If you have time to read only one posting, click the following link to read the entry for the last day of our journey.


http://ontheroad6.blogspot.com/2013/10/day-59-th-trip-so-far-805-pm-saturday.html






Day 33, Monday, September 16, DENALI, 7260 miles (for part 2 of our journey)

I am sending this as I leave Denali Park. It will take me hours to write up our experience, so let me just say one thing about it and send one photo.

To say that what we just experienced, over two glorious days, was a once-in-a-lifetime experience would grossly understate what the experience was all about. My vocabulary is too limited to do justice to it, but I will try later, on the ships to Vancouver. I took close to 500 photos, mostly while driving over a sometimes treacherous road, of which I will share many on my blog later. Since this was Leben and Erde' trip, the one photo I will share now is of them (by John Bodreau of Anchorage). That's Denali in back of us.

We accomplished two of the three goals for this trip, the Arctic and Denali, also accomplishing our earlier goal of traveling to the ends of the road in the north,camping out all the way, more than 15,000 miles so far. I could not imagine two better companions for this trip than Leben and Erde. Now, we have only one goal left, to get home safely. If my past road trips are any indication, the return trip promises to be just as exciting as the outward bound trip. But if it is anything, I hope it is warmer than Denali. This morning, the low was 18 degrees, but 10 degrees warmer in the tent. It was a three-dog night, if you count me.

1 comment:

Edward said...

Ed it was a pleasure to meet you, Leben and Erde on the Denali Park road and Tek campsite...sorry I could not get you and the dogs that much deserved steak...I have some pics of you all...just let me know where you want me to send them

Respectfully

Ed Boudreau