Attention:

If you have time to read only one posting, click the following link to read the entry for the last day of our journey.


http://ontheroad6.blogspot.com/2013/10/day-59-th-trip-so-far-805-pm-saturday.html






Day 17, Saturday, august 31, Pruden Lake Provincial Park to Seeley Lake Provincial Park, 4632 miles, 11 pages

Have to be brief. The road beckons. I will expand this blog posting later.

Cannon camera went on the blink. Only 11 months old and very few photos. My casio went out last year after 13 months, so Casio wins fir the best if the wortst. Fortunately, I brought both along.

Had to get a new container for dog food today at the local trading post, i.e. Walmart. Lost almost two hours. Tough funding the place, big store, long lines. But get back on the road, hoping to make Seeley Lake Provincial Park by dark. 300 miles.

Saw nice dog training school along the route, and thought about taking Erde in for a quick refresher, but realized it would be a waste of time, money and her personality.

Spectacular drive along the two-lane Highway of Tears. Lakes: streams of mountains, small villages 50 miles apart,...etc. never a boring moment. But, sadly, posters all over for missing young woman, and men too.

Had a very close call on the road because of blinding white late afternoon sun the that almost ended the trip, the Defender, and more. But all escaped unscathed, though shaken. Details later. I know know that true accidents can happen.

Was hoping to make Seeley Lake but was running out of time and sun, so I stopped 30 miles short of it at Ross Lake. Fortunately, there was no camping, so I pushed on to Seeley thinking the 20 sites would be gone. Not only were there sites, but I got the best one. Right across from where Sonntag and I stayed in 2000. As usual, met and talked with fellow-minded travelers, one of the enjoyable parts of the trip. But I always have to continue working as I talk because of time. A good measure of my free time is how many pages of my books I've read....still on 11.

Next posted photo will be from the road where we go straight north. We traveled 4632 miles so far northwest, now we go straight north.

Ed

Top photo...A rest stop along route 16 to Seeley Lake.
Middle photo..poster along the highway
Bottom photo..the view from our tent window at Seeley above the quiet lake.

No comments: