Attention:

If you have time to read only one posting, click the following link to read the entry for the last day of our journey.


http://ontheroad6.blogspot.com/2013/10/day-59-th-trip-so-far-805-pm-saturday.html






Day 12, Disaster strikes the Defender. (Well, maybe not a disaster, but a problem nonetheless.)

Here is the Defender lined up at the service station in Brandon, MB. When I got gas up the road, I could not get the nozzle out. It took the manager 20 minutes to finally jerk it out without blowing up the Defender and everything in it. I removed the dogs and my passport just in case. As it turns out, the spring under the little flap that seals up the gas line slipped off and was getting caught on any inviting place on the nozzle, preventing it from getting out. (See bottom photo.). This was something i had to get fixed right away, so I pulled into a Ford service center and they are working on it right now. I also decided to get my 3000 mile oil change done at the same time to save time tomorrow. The good news is that this happened where it did, at a large Esso station just down the street from a Ford service station. Lucky me, huh?

No one here has ever seen anything like this before. Why do these things happen to me? Poor me.

No comments: