Attention:

If you have time to read only one posting, click the following link to read the entry for the last day of our journey.


http://ontheroad6.blogspot.com/2013/10/day-59-th-trip-so-far-805-pm-saturday.html






A little snag

It seems that starting two weeks before I take these trips, little snags begin to pop up all over the place, some with the potential to delay or even cancel the trips.  Right one schedule, they are starting this year.  I took the Defender into the Land Rover dealer today for its final servicing and came away with the bad news that my transfer box, which houses the gears, was almost empty of its oil because of a leak.  I have to take in back in next Monday to get it repaired, which means being without it for two days.  If I discovered this on the trip, I would have simply loaded up on cans of oil and filed it every now and then, but I cannot start out knowing what the situation is.  Every time I discovered a leak in the past I got it repaired right away and so I will do that now.  This trip is already fraught with enough potential problems as it is, and I do not need to worry about another one I now is there, or have to take the time ater a long day's drive to check something else.

No comments: